I present a rundown of my first Comic Book Haul of June 2013, with a staggering 10 issues.
Today has been a massive week for me comics/books wise. I got my first stack of ARCs from Orbit Books the other day which I’ll showcase later on the blog in the next couple of days, as well as a massive 10 issue haul on Wednesday containing some really strong issues. In fact, the haul this week was so big that I had to take two separate pictures, one for DC, the other for Marvel, as it contained a couple of back issues. One awesome (Adventures of Superman #1) and the other less so. (Constantine #2).
And now, the Marvel:
ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #1
Story by Jeff Parker, Jeff Lemire, & Justin Jordan | Art by Chris Samnee, Jeff Lemire, & Riley Rossmo | Cover by Bryan Hitch & Chris Samnee | Published by DC Comics
Don’t miss the debut of this all-new series starring The Man of Steel, written and illustrated by some of comics’ finest talents!
Witness Superman’s first encounter with the work of Lex Luthor, brought to you by Jeff Parker (Hulk) and Chris Samnee (Daredevil)! Also, Bizarro has his worst (best?) day ever, penned by Justin Jordan with art by fan-favorite Riley Rossmo! Plus, from the mind of Jeff Lemire comes Superman vs. Brainiac! Or is it Luthor? Or Zod?? Find out in this month’s issue!
BATMAN: DETECTIVE COMICS #21
Story by John Layman | Art by Scott Eaton & Andy Clarke | Cover by Jason Fabok | Published by DC Comics
• Harper Row joins Batman on a case that leads all the way back to DETECTIVE COMICS #0, but will The Dark Knight be willing to accept her help?
• Illustrated by guest-artist Scot Eaton!
Story by Ray Fawkes & Jeff Lemire | Art by Renato Guedes | Colours by Marcelo Maiolo | Letters by Carlos M. Mangual | Cover by Juan Jose Ryp & Brett Smith | Published by DC Comics
• Which ghostly menace haunts Constantine today?
EARTH 2 #13
Story by James Robinson | Art by Yildiray Cinar & Rob Hunter | Cover by Brett Booth & Norm Rapmund | Published by DC Comics
• Captain Steel debuts as the World Army sends the hero into the Fire Pits left over from the war with Apocalypse, but even Earth 2’s newest hero isn’t ready for what is hidden within the burning reminders of the conflict that killed Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.
GREEN ARROW #21
Story by Jeff Lemire | Art by Andrea Sorrentino | Cover by Andrea Sorrentino | Published by DC Comics
• Ollie returns to the island where he first became Green Arrow and learns some hard truths about his father and the mysterious Outsiders!
GREEN LANTERN #21
Story by Robert Venditti | Art by Billy Tan | Cover by Billy Tan | Variant Cover by Rags Morales | Published by DC Comics
• Hal Jordan becomes the leader of the most feared and hated group in the universe: The Green Lantern Corps!
• New faces, new threats and a new beginning for the GREEN LANTERN monthlies!
THE MOVEMENT #1
Story by Gail Simone | Art by Freddie E Williams II | Cover by Amanda Conner | Published by DC Comics
• The unrest in Coral City heats up as citizens clash with the police.
• Which side stands to gain when super powered protestors enter the fray?
AGE OF ULTRON #9
Story by Brian Michael Bendis | Art by Brandon Peterson & Carlos Pacheco | Cover by Carlos Pacheco, Jorge Molina, & Rock-he Kim | Published by Marvel Comics
• To save the planet Earth – and maybe the entire galaxy! – the heroes of the Marvel Universe made the most controversial decision of their lives. The results have brought disaster the likes of which they have never seen before.
• And now, with one final chance…can they make it right?
ALL NEW X-MEN #12
Story by Brian Michael Bendis | Art by Stuart Immonen & Wade von Grawbadger | Cover by Stuart Immonen & Leinil Yu | Published by Marvel Comics
• Young Cyclops meets the adult version of the little brother he thought he may never see again.
THE SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #11
Story by Dan Slott & Christos Gage | Art by Giuseppe Camuncoli & John Dell | Colours by Edgar Delgado | Letters by Chris Eliopoulos | Cover by Giuseppe Camuncoli & Edgar Delgado | Published by Marvel Comics
• “No Escape” Part 1 of 3
• The Spider-Slayer is scheduled for execution and Mayor J. Jonah Jameson is leaving nothing to chance. To ensure that everything goes according to plan, Jameson’s called in the one man he can trust to oversee everything—the Superior Spider-Man.
• Since the startling events of The Superior Spider-Man #9, will anyone realize that things have changed…?