It’s another Comic Book Haul Friday Post, featuring 10 Issues in total from Marvel and DC Comics.
So, it’s a massive week for me this week, and I was able to pick up a lot of good issues, including trying out two new titles, Deadpool (10) and Daredevil (26) alongside The Green Team’s debut for DC Comics, and as it turned out, I enjoyed all of them. Daredevil #26 was superb, and is probably my pick of the week, so I will certainly be following this comic for sure – Same goes for Deadpool and The Green Team, both of which are fun, entertaining and enjoyable books. Anyway, here’s the pic of the comics that I brought, followed by the comics themselves:
Story: John Ostrander | Art: Manuel Garcia | Colours: Sandra Hope | Cover: Paul Pelletier & Sean Parsons | Publisher: DC Comics
• As the Scavenger compiles more Atlantean weaponry and artifacts, Aquaman enlists the aid of The Others to help find one missing relic in the Southwestern United States before his enemies can get to it.
• The issue also introduces a new member of the Others!
Justice League #20
Story: Geoff Johns | Art: Gene Ha, Andres Guinaldo, Joe Prado, Zander Cannon, & Gary Frank | Colours: Art Lyons & Hi-Fi | Letters: Dezi Sienty | Cover: Ivan Reis, Joe Prado, Tyler Kirkham, Sandra Hope, & Alex Sinclair | Publisher: DC Comics
• The PROLOGUE TO TRINITY WAR continues as a revelation about Batman could destroy Wonder Woman and Superman’s relationship!
• Plus, in the backup story, the penultimate chapter of the tale of Shazam finds Billy Batson learning the shocking secret of Black Adam!
Story: James T Tynion IV | Art: Miguel A Sepulveda | Cover: Guillem March | Publisher: DC Comics
• Can the Talon escape the jaws of death? What will become of him if he doesn’t? Find out in this story that leads directly into next month’s BIRDS OF PREY #21!
The Flash #20
Written: Francis Manapul & Brian Buccellato | Art: Francis Manapul | Cover: Francis Manapul | Publisher: DC Comics
• An all-new Flash epic begins here, and the stakes have never been higher as Barry races toward a confrontation with the Reverse Flash!
The Green Team #1
Story: Art Baltazar & Franco | Art: Ig Guara | Cover: Amanda Conner | Variant Cover: Cliff Chiang | Publisher: DC Comics
INVENTORS! EXPLORERS! ADVENTURERS! Do you need money to finance an important project? Then you should set up a meeting with THE GREEN TEAM!
• Nature of world-changing idea: _____
• Amount requested: _____
• Does your project have the potential to:
Fracture space-time? __
Replace the combustion engine? __
Attract extraterrestrial attention? __
Prove/disprove existence of deities? __
Piss off The Justice League? __
Render the human body obsolete? __
If any of the above are checked, please fill out liability release form GT2013-05. Send any 82 drawings, plans, models, or photos with request.
Story: Mark Waid | Art: Chris Samnee Colours: Javier Rodriguez | Cover: Chris Samnee & Paolo Rivera | Publisher: Marvel Comics
• A DOUBLE-SIZED EXTRA-vanagnza celebrating the third-year of the acclaimed series!
• Face to face with his opposite number–a foe Daredevil cannot beat!
• What is his connection to the accident that created Daredevil?
• PLUS: As Foggy deals with his cancer, Matt turns to one of the brightest guys in the galaxy for help. • Here comes…Iron Man!
Story: Brian Posehn & Gerry Duggan | Art: Mike Hawthorne | Colours: Val Staples | Cover: Tony Moore | Publisher: Marvel Comics
• Deadpool targets a MAN with AQUATIC powers!
• Then he teams-up with your SUPERIOR Neighborhood SPIDER-MAN!
• I PROMISE HE KILLS ONE OF THOSE TWO!
The Superior Spider-Man #10
Story: Dan Slott | Art: Ryan Stegman | Cover: Marcos Martin | Publisher: Marvel Comics
• IT BEGINS HERE!!
• A perfect jumping on point as The Green Goblin returns…and Spider-Man is nowhere to be found!
Uncanny Avengers #8AU
Story: Rick Remender & Gerry Duggan | Art: Adam Kubert | Colours: Laura Martin Cover: Jim Cheung | Publisher: Marvel Comics
• Kang and the The Apocalypse Twins enter the Age of Ultron, but what do they want?
• Havok and Rogue, leaders of the Morlocks, must fight to save the man who condemned their people!
• What secret will Rogue unearth about the Twins hidden past?
Uncanny X-Men #6
Story: Brian Michael Bendis | Art: Frazer Irving | Cover: Frazer Irving | Publisher: Marvel Comics
• The Uncanny X-Men face evil sorcerer DORMAMMU! Don’t miss this new take on the evil sorcerer demon courtesy of Bendis and Irving.
• Discover the secrets Magik has been hiding since the Phoenix Force left her in AVENGERS VS. X-MEN.