Before my long car journey today, I managed to pick up a few comics that were released today, and if you read on – you can see what they are.
Alright, here’s the list of comics that I got this week. 3 in total, as opposed to the 4 that I picked up last time, as I didn’t get anymore as I went into the store with £10 which was enough for only three comics. The three comics in question are: Geoff Johns’ Justice League of America #1 and Justice League of America’s Vibe #1, as well as Jeph Leob’s Nova #1. The latter as part of Marvel Now!, and the former as part of the DC New 52.
Writer: Jeph Leob | Art: Ed McGuinnes, Dexter Vines, Marte Gracia | Cover Art: Ed McGuinnes | Publisher: Marvel Comics
The Human Rocket returns! You’ve followed him through the history making (and changing!) AvX and now the mystery of the all-new Nova are revealed in this breathtaking new ongoing by the best-selling, award winning team of Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness (RED HULK, Avengers X-Sanction). Sam Alexander is a kid bound by the gravity of a small town and a father whose ridiculous, drunken fairy tales about a “Nova Corps” were just another heavy burden in a life full of them. But luckily for Sam Alexander…soon gravity won’t even matter. And those troubles? It’s like they’re a billion miles away.
Justice League of America #1
Writer: Geoff Johns | Art: David Finch | Cover: David Finch | Publisher: DC Comics
• The march toward TRINITY WAR begins with part one of “WORLD’S MOST DANGEROUS”!
• Green Lantern! Green Arrow! Catwoman! Katana! Vibe! Hawkman! Stargirl! They aren’t the world’s greatest super heroes—they’re the most dangerous! But why does a team like the JLA need to exist? What is their ultimate mission? And who is pulling the strings?
• Plus: Find out why Martian Manhunter is the most dangerous of them all. Period.
Justice League of America’s Vibe #1
Writers: Andrew Kreisberg, Geoff Johns | Art: Pete Woods | Cover: David Finch | Publisher: DC Comics
• No, that’s not a typo. Vibe stars in his own ongoing monthly title, starting with this debut issue cowritten by GEOFF JOHNS!
• One of the most unlikely members of the Justice League of America ever (okay, THE most unlikely) will soon discover he’s one of the most powerful individuals on Earth. But how did Vibe get his abilities? What is the cost to them? And why does the JLA want him on the team so desperately?
• Plus: We’ve seen the Red Room and the Black Room, but what is…the Circus?
And there we have it. I really enjoyed reading these batch of titles with Justice League of America’s Vibe and Nova taking me completley by surprise – I did not expect either of them to be as awesome as they were. Justice League of America was brilliant and I think I will be sticking with all three titles. That’s all from me now though – until next week, where I know at least two titles that I’m interested in are released, Uncanny X-Men #2 and Talon #5. Don’t think I’m going to be able to pick up anymore, but I’m certainly getting those two titles.